Monday, February 23, 2009

People Come and Go . . .

"Only change is constant in life." This is so true. Change is something most of us are afraid of and when a change takes place in our lives, we just cannot accept it.

After giving 3 years of my life to BSc IT at nationals where I made the best of friends - B.A.N.G. along with other friends, it was difficult for me to accept a new college and more importantly make new friends.

However, this change was not so bad. I had a great time at I.E.S Management Institute, made a number of good friends. However, as I said before, "only change is constant." My so-called Best Friend who was so important to me chose to end the friendship. It definately hurts to see all this but people are not going to be with you forever and it was high time for me to realize it.

These are small things that happen with everyone in life. Friends fighting for petty reasons is nothing in front of a friend who expired in a road accident. Satwant Kaur Advani, A dear friend who was my first friend I made in BSc IT in Room No. 19 was hit by a car at Hyderabad on 21st Feb 2009. A girl who just turned 21 was about to see and experience life and this horrifying incident took place and ended everything. Life is so unpredictable.

Satwant, we used to go home together in the auto rickshaw, we used to go for a walk at Band Stand or Carter Road, we used to go for movies, we used to go to McDonalds, both of us were the C.R's of the class, not many know but we also decided to date each other for a day. On 31st December, we had gone for a walk and I asked her "Are you going to stay in Mumbai forever?" and she asked "Why are you asking me this question?" and I replied "So that, I can invite you for my wedding." Traditional Day, when I helped her with something and she hugged me and said "Thank you for being there." All those wonderful days we spent together at National College will just be Pleasant Memories now. I regret not being in touch with her after MBA. I regret for all the stupidity we did behind her back and I hope she would forgive us. I'am sure where ever she is, she is in good hands. We all love you and will always miss you :)

1 comment:

Sri :) said...

Satwant, was a real good friend of mine back at school. Reading this. Really made me turn back time. Its still hard for me to believe she is not there